After the huge success of last editions of “ FICCI’s Summit and Awards for Agri Startups”. FICCI organized the 3rd edition of the start-up initiative on 09-10 February 2021. PwC was the Knowledge partner to the event. Shri Ramesh Chand, Member, NITI Aayog, Govt of India graced the Virtual Inaugural Ceremony of the program and made a Keynote Address.
As part of this signature event, one of the significant components was felicitation of awards to select Agri start-ups for their innovative interventions in scaling up the Agriculture sector. There was a Live Jury Interaction with high potential Agri start-ups where they made a brief presentation of their business model to a panel of Jury members on 09 February 2021. Our MD & CEO Mr. Venkatram Vasantavada and Mr. T R Kesavan Chairman FICCI National Agriculture Committee & Group President, TAFE Ltd. contributed towards screening and evaluation of the Agri Start-ups during FICCI Agri Start Up Awards on 9 – 10 February 2021
Various features of two days virtual FICCI Agri Start up Summit were.
- Technical sessions spread over two days
- Live demos from shortlisted Agri Start ups
- Live Grand Jury
- Award Ceremony for felicitating Agri Startups ( in various categories)
- Release of FICCI PwC knowledge Report on Agri Start up ecosystem.
- Release of FICCI compendium on Agri Start ups
FICCI PwC knowledge Report on Agri Start up ecosystem emphasized that Tech enabled start-ups are gaining traction in agriculture sector due to positive growth and expansion capabilities in the space account for 1% of current addressable potential market opportunity of the USD 24 billion in India. This clearly indicates there is significant future potential for Agri start-ups in the country. The accelerated growth potential is evident from the investment inflow in India, with investors pumping in more than USD 500 million in Agri Tech deals in 2020 compared to USD 248 million in 2019. The GOI as well as private players, are also making a focused effort to support innovation-led tech farming so that small and marginal farmers can benefit.
Lis of Winners in different categories were.
- Most Innovative Agri Startup Award- AgNext Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Award for Best Agri Startup for embracing farm prosperity- BharatRohan Airborne Innovations Pvt Ltd
- Agri Startup creating social impact- SAI Sustainable Agro & Rural Development Products Pvt Ltd
- Award for best Agri-startup – FPO Partnership- Dvara ERegistry
- Award for top Agri innovator in Covid times- WayCool Foods & Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Award for best Agri Startup – Industry Partnership- Bioprime Agrisolutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Early StageAward for Best Agri Startup in application of Digital technologies- Whrrl
- Matured StageAward for Best Agri Startup in application of Digital technologies- RMSI Cropalytics Pvt. Ltd.
- Business Excellence Award- Our Foods Pvt Ltd.
- Emerging Innovator- Farm2Fork Technologies Pvt. Ltd.