The Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA) conducted a Technical Virtual Session- Special Interest Group on Field Crops on 24th Nov 2021
The session started with opening remarks from Dr Frisco Malabanan, Chair, APSA Special Interest Group on Field Crops and Moderator Mr Venkatram Vasantavada, Committee Member, APSA Special Interest Group on Field Crops.
The topics discussed during the program were:
- Prospect of Popcorn in India by Dr Sain Dass, Ex-Director, ICAR-Indian Institute of Maize Research
- New Technology for Field Crops Breeding / MNP Marker Method, an Efficient Way for Breeding and PVP by Dr Li Tiantian, Associate Researcher, Institute for Systems Biology, Jianghan University, China
- Golden Rice: Biotechnology Milestone for Improved Nutrition in the Philippines by Dr Ronan G Zagado, Head, Development Division, Philippines Rice Research Institute, the Philippines
- Special Interest Group on Field Crops Current Activities Update by Dr Frisco Malabanan, Chair, APSA Special Interest Group on Field Crops
- Award Announcement: APSA Recognition Award for Most Influential Plant Breeding Researchers in the Asia Pacific Seed Sector for Field Crops by Mr Wichai Laocharoenpornkul, APSA President
- Closing Remarks by Dr Chua Kim Aik, Co-Chair, APSA Special Interest Group on Field Crop
The team of APSA conveyed their sincere appreciation to our MD and CEO for a whole year of significant contribution as the Committee member of SIG Field Crops. In addition, as a token from APSA, a certificate will be sent to technical committee members to appreciate their dedication and hard work for the committee’s activities this year.
No comments yet.